Nineteen days into 2014 and I still hadn’t been out detecting. The bug to dig was getting bigger and itchier, and I was able to get out for a few hours this past Sunday. Although I bundled up, it wasn’t too cold. High 30s or so, plenty warm enough to dig. But the ground was frigid, almost frozen solid, so digging was very difficult if not impossible. Check out this video of what I went through all day:
So, as you can see it was a tough day! I did manage to find this cool Sargent pad lock, circa 1912. And I made some new connections, which is often times better than unearthing an old coin or relic!
Check out the complete history of Sargent locks!